News Flash Home
The original item was published from 2/25/2022 2:30:55 PM to 3/26/2022 12:00:01 AM.

News Flash

City of Laconia - Spotlight

Posted on: February 25, 2022

[ARCHIVED] Recycle Your Clothes at the Transfer Station!

Recycle Your Clothes at the Transfer Station

A clothes recycling container is now available at the Laconia Transfer Station in the area with the single stream recycling containers!

The organization accepting the material, Apparel Impact, works with clothing graders, and 85% of what they collect is reused. The other 15% of what they collect is in bad enough condition that it needs to be recycled for other purposes. Apparel Impact also provides over 3,000 people in New Hampshire with free clothing through their community outreaches and partnerships with school districts and Easter Seals. All items do not need to be clean, but they do need to be dry and free from mold.

Items that can be recycled include: Purses and bags, ties, scarfs and  hats, sneakers, any type of dress shoes, sandals, flip flops, clothing, coats and jackets and sheets and towels.

Please help the City reduce its solid waste disposal costs and make a difference in people's lives by recycling your clothing, not throwing it in the trash!

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in City of Laconia - Spotlight

Seasonal weight limit now in effect 2023

Seasonal Weight Limit Restrictions

Posted on: March 17, 2023
Hydrant Flushing Notice

Hydrant Flushing Notice

Posted on: March 17, 2023
NH PUC Prehearing

NH Public Utilities Commission Notice

Posted on: March 15, 2023
Recycling Pickup Week

Recycling Collection Week

Posted on: March 3, 2023
Discontinued Rail Corridor

State owned discontinued rail corridor

Posted on: February 28, 2023
Sand is available

Sand is available!

Posted on: January 27, 2023
2023 Holiday Schedule

City of Laconia 2023 Holiday Schedule

Posted on: November 16, 2022
Dog Registration

2023 Dog Registration

Posted on: January 6, 2023
Winter Parking Ban Background 2

Winter Parking Ban

Posted on: October 22, 2022

Fire Department News

Posted on: January 28, 2021
Image of Rotary Park and the gazebo in the springtime

Laconia Links

Posted on: August 28, 2017